If you are looking for the top things to do in Bucks County, PA look no further. Each changing season offers a wealth of natural beauty and unique events for visitors or honeymooners to enjoy. Start with a visit to one of our New Hope wineries, select a restaurant from our top 10 list, or try an activity below for the changing seasons.
Spring in Bucks County
- Enjoy a leisurely bike ride or hike along the canal path, just steps from the inn. The spring blossoms reflecting in the water and the scent of honeysuckle will refresh the soul.
- Berry Picking at one of many local farms (Try Trauger’s Farm Market) “One for the basket and one for the belly” makes for a delicious afternoon!
- Make your own Rock Concert at Ringing Rocks Park. Be sure to bring your hammer!
- Take a Bucks County Wine Tour.
- Satisfy your inner foodie with a Bucks County Food Tour featuring fresh artisanal food.
Summer in New Hope
- A Sunset Cocktail Cruise on the Delaware, our favorite time to be on the river.
- Meander your way along the tree lined banks of the river in a kayak
- Sit on our private dock and dip your toes, or if it is really hot, dive on in, the water is refreshing.
- Pick a beautiful fresh bouquet of flowers, fruits or veggies. Or if you prefer, just stop by one many local farm stands. Try Solebury Orchards, the freshest and finest.
- Spend the afternoon in Doylestown, PA exploring the latest exhibits, local art and history: Michener Art Musuem, Mercer Museum & Fonthill Castle are all within in walking distance of each other.
Fall Getaways in Bucks County
- Enjoy a trail ride around Lake Nockamixon – the foilage reflecting in the lake is stunning.
- Engage in a driving tour of the eleven covered bridges in the area, and observe the changing leaves.
- Hiking at High Rocks and basking in the glorious scenery.
- Apple picking in the cool Autumn air at Philips Farm or other area orchards.
- Hop aboard the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad for an afternoon of leaf-peeping the Bucks County Countryside.
- Rent a bike, order a picnic and take in the views as you ride along the canal tow path, just steps from our front door.
Winter Vacations in New Hope
- A romantic carriage ride through freshly fallen snow.
- Enjoy a wonderful fireside dinner at a local fine dining establishment, better yet – skip the drive and add our candlelight dining package to enjoy a private dinner fireside at the inn.
- Visit the ArtYard in Frenchtown, NJ and enjoy the latest exhibits in this innovative space as you explore the “transformational power of art”.
- Breakfast in bed in one our fireplace rooms is sure to warm the heart.
- Driving along River Road on a winter day.