When you can’t wait till Friday to getaway, Bucks County offers the best reason to play hooky! The riverside destination of Bridgeton House on the Delaware, nestled on the banks of the Delaware River, offers luxury lodging & pampering, outdoor adventure, fine dining and romance.
Sneak away to the Bucks County getaway and wile away your time with these adventures that are guaranteed to keep your mind out of the office:
- Sushi & Cycle: Rent bikes from the Cycle Corner, spend the afternoon riding along the tow path to view nature, wildlife and covered bridges then return to Frenchtown and enjoy a sushi dinner at Bamboo House before returning to your suite to retire for the evening.
- Kayak & Picnic: Rent kayaks at Bucks County River Country and spend the day exploring the river – keep an eye out for eagles, blue heron and red tail hawks. Order a picnic basket to enjoy on your riverside porch when you return from your day on the river.
- Hiking and History: Start your day with a visit to the Mercer Museum – a wealth of local history, take a late afternoon stroll on the Delaware Canal Tow Path, around Lake Nockamixon, or at Ralph Stover Park before returning to enjoy afternoon tea.
- Vineyards & Vinegars: Choose from multiple local vineyards for a tour and tasting. Guest favorites include Alba Vineyard, Sand Castle Winery and Beneduce Winery. After purchasing your favorite libations, stop by Olive with a Twist in Frenchtown, just 3 miles from the inn, to pick up all the accoutrements to enjoy a hearty snack on your riverside porch. You will want to stock up on pantry items too! They feature some of the finest olive oil and balsamic vinegar available.
- Art & Music: The Artyard is a wonderful spot to spend a few hours enjoying their exhibits, be sure to enjoy lunch at the Lovin Oven just next door. Evening fun can be had with Karaoke at the National Hotel on Wednesdays, Live Music at Bowman’s North on Thursdays, Open Mic at Riegelsville Inn on Mondays and Live Jams on Wednesdays.
- Dinner & Theater: Catch a matinee at the Bucks County Playhouse and then return to a private candlelight dinner at Bridgeton House.
- Sun & Swim: Sleep in, enjoy breakfast riverside, then grab a towel and take a dip in the refreshing waters of the river & sunbathe on the dock.
- Romance & Relaxation: Enjoy a couples massage in your riverside room, followed by a relaxing afternoon with a good book on the riverside terraces.
Come escape the city and get some fresh air. There’s plenty more to see and do and the staff at Bridgeton House are always happy to assist you in planning your perfect sneak-away, but be prepared to add a few more days . . .