The heat of Summer began with the quintessential July 4th celebration. The old favorites . . . ice cold beer, burgers & hot dogs, swimming, Americana, fireworks . . . are readily available, but what if your style is more luxury? Where should you spend your Summer? Travel experts recommend the mountains or a small American town if you are looking for something a little different this year. So steer your GPS away from the over crowded seashores and big cities of the East Coast and head towards Bucks. County, PA.
The area is steeped in American history, offers mountain vistas and world class luxury lodging with panoramic river views at this top rated riverfront boutique hotel. You are sure to feel pampered in one of their luxury suites while enjoying all the essentials to make your getaway complete.
Awake to a peaceful sunrise and beautiful shades of pink and blue as they sweep across the river. Enjoy a champagne breakfast in bed, a couples massage in your river view suite and wrap up the day sipping wine at sunset by the riverside fire pit.
For more pampering & luxury try:
- A hot air balloon ride over the river valley
- Take in the healing powers of the Salt Cave in Doylestown, PA.
- Dine privately on your riverside porch – a very special meal prepared just for you and your love!
- Wine tasting with river views at Sand Castle Winery
- Catch a show at the Famous Bucks County Playhouse
- Take your breath away with the vistas at High Rocks at Ralph Stover Park
Check off the obligatory “to do” list in style:
- Stop by Moo for burgers, hot dogs, fries and shakes – all of their menu items are crafted from ingredients grown locally.
- Imbibe ice cold beer at the Ship Inn or other local brewery
- Take a refreshing dip in the river right of the dock at Bridgeton House – the water is beautiful, jump on in – beach towels provided
- Stop by the famous river hot dog man while tubing/rafting the Delaware River
- Enjoy fireworks over the river in New Hope, PA & Lambertville, NJ
This is just the beginning of fabulous ways to celebrate Summer— give us a call to book your luxury getaway and let our innkeepers assist you in creating your own itinerary of Independence from every day life this Summer.
See you on the river!