Here are a few of our favorite things, Summer edition to assist in planning your Bucks County Summer Getaway. We can’t imagine a better place to spend your Summer getaway than right here. Relaxing on the banks for the beautiful Delaware River in Bucks County, PA. This resort area is just a short drive from New York City, Philadelphia and the Lehigh Valley and it is boasting with restaurants, outdoor activities, shops, museums and historic sites & many other wonderful things to do. We’ve put together a list of a few of our Summer favorites:
– Delaware River Pedal and Paddle will meet you right at our doorstep with a guided bike ride, bike rentals and guided kayak tours
– Big Bear Gear is a great choice for tubing and kayaking and they are located just a few miles from us in Frenchtown, NJ
– Want to try your hand a paddle boarding or even paddle board yoga? Contact Miss Melanie Paddle Boards
– Spend an afternoon learning to fly fish with Delaware River Fly Fishing Guide
– Take a stroll through the gardens at Paxson Hill Farm
– Explore over 800 species of native plants at Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve
– A garden tour with homemade refreshments is always a delight at the Gardens at Mills Fleurs
– Shop, tour and enjoy a light lunch and maybe even some music at Black Shed
– Ringing Rocks Trailhead is a staff favorite
– Musconetcong Gorge Preserve a bit challenging but doable and soak in the nature along the way
– For unforgettable river views, hike the Milford Bluffs
Pick your own or purchase local fruits and vegetables:
– Phillips Farm: we can’t get enough of this place. For a special treat, try the cider slushie at check-out!
– Traugers Farm for pick your own plus flowers, spices, baked goods, canned goods and a whole lot more
– We love spending an afternoon at Alba Vineyards
– Always something fun going on at Benneduce Vineyards
– Enjoy the views & the wine at Sand Castle Winery
A Bit of History:
– The Tinicum Players at the Erwin Stover House – a nearby treat for the history buff/theater lover
– Covered Bridge Tour of Bucks County is a delight especially for the photo lover
A sweet Treat:
– Jimmy’s Ice Cream and Mini Golf: We love the Raspberry Swirl and the Twist with Sprinkles (And yes, we are adults)
– Pretty much anything from Chocolate in the Oven, but we especially love their buckeyes!
– Make it day of ice cream on the Bucks County Ice Cream Trail
– Bucks County Ale Trail – please use a designated driver or drive responsibly.
– A short walk across the bridge you”ll find Descendants Brewery at the Old Ship Inn, New Jersey’s first English Brew Pub
– Find your spirit at the Hewn Spirits Tasting Room
And remember these are just a few of our favorite things. There is more than enough to fill a weekend or a whole week here on the beautiful banks of the Delaware River in Upper Black Eddy, PA. Just 15 miles north of New Hope, Pa. A stay at Bridgeton Hosue on the Delaware is a must while exploring all there is to do and see in Bucks County. Visit our specials page to get information on our popular “do more in 4” Summer savings package, to find any last minute deals and to view all of our beautiful rooms and wonderful add-on packages. The river is truly our back yard, no canals or roads to cross, just a few steps from the inn. Start planning your Bucks County Summer Getaway soon and we will see you on the River!