2021 Getaway: Social Distancing is not a new concept, in fact it has been around for centuries. But let’s be honest, the term was basically dormant until 2020 when it suddenly became one of the most used phrases in our daily lexicon. A year into learning how to safely return to our “normal” way of life while social distancing and romantic getaways and adventure holidays are finally back on many agendas.
Travelers looking for a unique destination that is an easy drive from New York City, Philadelphia or the Baltimore/Washington DC area will want to plan a visit this this award winning boutique hotel perched on the banks of the Delaware River in Historic Bucks County Pa. You can stay small, stay safe, while enjoying all there is to see and do – enough to easily fill a quick getaway or a week-long vacation.
A few of our favorite safe distancing 2021 getaway activities:
- Bring your Hiking Shoes: Enjoy everything from an easy stroll along the Delaware Canal State Park Tow Path, (just steps from our front door) to a casual walk at Tohickon Valley Park or Lake Nockamixon to a hearty hike at Horseshoe Bend Park or the Trailhead on River Road that leads to Ringing Rocks. For the true adventurer and experienced climber visit Ralph Stover Park.
- Barn Voyage: Spend an afternoon taking in the beauty of 15 historic barns of Upper Bucks County on this self-guided driving tour through the scenic rolling hills.
- Bring your Hammer: and tap out your favorite tune on the “Ringing Rocks” at this famous and unique spot just a 5 minute drive from the inn.
- Imbibe: Explore the Bucks Wine County Trail, Bucks County Ale Trail, schedule a private tour at Hewn Spirits or enjoy a Private Christmas City Spirits Tasting in the Sun Inn Museum.
- Travel the Mercer Mile: to celebrate the collections, work and life of Henry Chapman Mercer – Mercer Musuem, Fonthill Castle, & Moravian Pottery & Tile Works are fun stops on the mile.
- Visit a Seasonal Festival and stroll the winding brick paths to charming storybook village style shopping at Peddler’s Village.
- Drive Through History: Bucks County Covered Bridge Tour & Lehigh Valley Covered Bridge Tours take you back to simpler times.
- Shop till you Drop (or till 1 pm): Rices Market offers 30 acres of shopping: a flea market, farmer’s market, antique bazaar, vintage thrift shop, town gathering space and food lover’s delight all wrapped into one.
- Stand in 2 states at one time! You can do this on any of the bridges, even the one right outside our windows, but for the best instagrammable spot, visit The New Hope Lambertville Bridge.
- Take a Fairytale Drive: Cuttalossa is one of the most picturesque drives in the state.
- Stroll the Streets: Frenchtown is the quintessential small town America. It’s riverside location, friendly shop owners and fine restaurants make it the perfect spot to spend the day.
- Put your Sleuthing Skills to the Test: Take a Murder Mystery Walking Tour.
- Refresh your Winter Skin: with some pampering at a local day spa.
- Soar Above the River with Alexandria Balloon Flights A Lot A Hot Air Balloons Or In Flight Balloon Adventures.
- Photograph Sunrise or Sunset on the River – Sunrise is best from your room or better yet the dock in season or the lower riverside terrace in Winter. For Sunset we prefer the vantage point from the bridge.
- Pedal your way through scenic landscapes: Pack your bike and ride The Canal Tow Path, Cuttalossa Road, Upper Tinicum Church Road, Lake Nockamixon Trails are just a few of our favorite rides.
- Warm Weather Adventures: Paddle Boarding, Tubing, Water Yoga, Kayaking and the list goes on . . .
- Gone Fishing: Post it on your door before leaving home and then head our way. You can fish from our dock with your own supplies or hire a guide for area fly fishing.
The staff at Bridgeton House on the Delaware look forward to welcoming you and would be delighted to assist you in planning your 2021 dream getaway. See you on the River!