During this morning’s commute down Bridgeton Hill as I cast my usual dreamy gaze upon the beautiful Delaware River valley, I noticed the slightest twinge of change in the color of the leaves and I knew it was time to do my homework! What is it about these magnificent Pennsylvania vistas that allow them to rival that famous New England fall foliage? The simple answer is variety. While New England’s expanse of Sugar Maples certainly offer a beautiful splay of color after the first frost, Pennsylvania is blessed with a variety of species including multiple types of maples, hickory, tulip poplar, oak, black hickory, and scarlet oak to name a few. Their combined vivid hues create a spectacular and long lasting kaleidoscope of color to satisfy even the most discerning leaf peepers.
To experience this magnificent work of art offered yearly by Mother Nature, wind your way through the back roads of Bucks County to this charming New Hope bed and breakfast nestled along the shores of the Delaware River. Settle into your riverfront room and enjoy the splendor of the colors dancing in the ripples of the river. The area offers an array of ways to enjoy the foliage as vast as nature’s paint palate – here are a few of our favorites:
- Enjoy a Private Candlelight Picnic Dinner on our river dock
- Board the Black River & Western Railroad for a pumpkin tour
- Bring your bike and breathe in the fresh air while exploring the country roads and covered bridges
- Tie your hiking shoes and enjoy some nearby can’t miss hiking trails
- Sip wine at local wineries while basking in the view
- Climb the tower at Bowman’s Hill for a bird’s eye peep
Whatever your pleasure, you are sure to Fall in Love this autumn while visiting our boutique inn. Insiders tip: for the ultimate in Fall romance add a private candlelight dock dinner and couples massages to your stay. Come Fall in Love this Autumn.